13.3.14

Stop and smell the roses and recent finds

Even though the ground is still covered in snow, we are all spring out inside.  Simple things in life make me happy...such as cupcakes and flowers and I make sure I have abundant of both around me at all time.







Today has been a lazy day for us girls.  Play tents were made and we were entertained by Mary Poppins.  Even the dogs felt lazy.




I have to say I love days like these.  Simple days with no where to be and we can really stop and smell the roses...or just flowers in our case.








Yesterday Aurora and I found a bunch of milk glass dishes at our local Savers.  I enjoy collecting them.






Look at all the details.  What would one call these?  Small serving dishes?  I also found a set of small casserole dishes with handle.




Also this beautiful brass trays.







So I finally set up an Etsy shop last night then when it was time to list things on the shop, I got all intimidated.  What do I write for description and how do I figure out shipping and policies?  : /  It will have to be a project for another day. In the mean time, back to our lazy day.

Love,
Victoria

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some wonderful treasures! I love all your milk glass, I'm not sure what you would call those little dishes but they're gorgeous either way:) It sounds like you and your princesses had a fun day!

    I think it's awesome that you're going to open an Etsy shop! I can't give you any advice on how to set it up but as far as the descriptions go, I'm sure you'll do a great job with those:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! The little dishes would be so pretty filled with milled soaps!.
    We cannot have things like that in this house because of a certain McGillicuddy the Cat. He sees it as a dare. NO matter how high I place fragile items, in an effort to keep him from them, he considers it his life's goal to break it. I even use Museum Putty to hold things down to no avail, his urges are no match! LOL!
    Enjoy snuggling with your girls!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Victoria, i so lové your mirrors.
    Of course I adore and love all you create around your home, it almost feels a bit like I am visiting Tracie Porter home, google her if you don't know of here. She is a writer, shop owner, online web shop, and all around interesting lady :) much like you :)

    Thank you for your beautiful words left on your visit to my place, I have had this vintage mirror with ups and downs, moves in and out of what life throws at you, and so surprised that it has hung around this long.
    I am having fun with it being in the most unexpected place...Kitchen !

    Beautiful weekend to you :)
    Creating a new brave world for you and your girls :))

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Victoria.
    Layers upon layers of gorgeous detail. I am in love with all you do.
    Thank you for your sweet visit to my cottage - I look forward to everything you share!
    ~ Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria, I've never seen milk glass pieces like these. Wonderful finds!
    I set up an ETSY shop over a year ago, but have never listed things. Intimidated like you. '-)

    ReplyDelete